Cross-Cultural Facilitation Techniques:
3-Day Online Workshop for Diversity Trainers, Educators & Therapists
Facilitated by Lee Mun Wah
Facilitating a group with many cross-cultural perspectives and experiences requires a keen understanding and knowledge of how cultural differences can impact group dynamics, relationships and their sense of safety.
In this unique training, Lee Mun Wah will guide each participant through a series of exercises and mindful techniques that will enhance their understanding of the impact of culture on relationships, conflictual cultural situations, as well as how to develop a deeper and more authentic sense of community and openness within diverse groups.
Participants will explore their perception and attitudes about diversity issues through the use of films, books, vignettes and personal stories. They will learn to:
Friday June 26 – 28, 9 am to 3 pm or
Friday July 24 – 26, 9 am to 3 pm
- Listen and respond from a Buddhist & Eastern Approach
- Notice the impact and intent of all our communications and actions
- Discover the importance of curiosity as a mediation tool
- Make use of non-verbal communications
- Use Mindful Techniques to de-escalate a conflict within minutes
- Ask 26 culturally-sensitive questions that create safety & trust
Fee for 3-day workshop: $500
Continuing Education Options* CEUs are available through St. Mary’s College of California for all Berkeley, CA, workshops taught by Lee Mun Wah.
* Additional fees apply