What to Do When a Discriminatory Incident Occurs
Saturday September 30, 202
9am - 3pm PST (6 hours each session) • $450 (includes Workbook)
Facilitated by Lee Mun Wah
Often, discriminatory incidents and lawsuits emerge from environments where diversity issues are seldom discussed and where cultural differences are “celebrated” but not practiced or represented. During this workshop, we will explore how to create a culturally competent and sensitive community that is able to embrace and respond to diversity.
- Understand how one’s personal and community history affects one’s self esteem and sense of safety
- Learn ways to respond with honesty and compassion when a conflict occurs that involves a diversity issue
- Create a sense of community and understanding among a diverse culture of people
- Learn how to ask meaningful and intimate questions of individuals from diverse cultures
- Understand how differences (i.e., racial, gender) can affect relationships, communications & behaviors
- Discover how to observe and make use of the intent and impact of all of our communications
- Learn the art of listening and responding cross-culturally
Online Only (Zoom)
Sorry - registration is closed.